SSRS timeout

• Ahhh.... that might explain what looked like a contradiction. Maybe it is the GUI that accepts blank/zero but the XML underneath is always zero. That would make sense. Thanks!

Chad

• Chad Crawford (2/15/2010)

Ahhh.... that might explain what looked like a contradiction. Maybe it is the GUI that accepts blank/zero but the XML underneath is always zero. That would make sense. Thanks!

Chad

Then at the very least, there should have been two possible correct answers. Either of the two answers blank or 0 should have been viable.

(just spurning on the debate)

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• What a fluke. I got right. I thought it should be 0 but SSC would not post a simple question with 2 points. Apart from 0 only leave it blank looked a logical answer. What ever.

Discussion was good than the question.

SQL DBA.

• I find it interesting that the question has only been answered correctly 10% of the time. And 70% of the people missing the question all missed it selecting the same answer.

Thanks for the question at any rate. I will go back to the darkness now 😛

Learn Extended Events

• Jason

And Steve was off today on a ski trip ... but he did manage to add to the question "SQL Server 2000". but said nothing about awarding points to thos who answered correctly, but incorrectly to the original question.

Shall I cry

I want my point awarded

as I said before "Oh well"

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Ron

Please help us, help you -before posting a question please read[/url]
    Before posting a performance problem please read[/url]

• bitbucket-25253 (2/15/2010)

Jason

And Steve was off today on a ski trip ... but he did manage to add to the question "SQL Server 2000". but said nothing about awarding points to thos who answered correctly, but incorrectly to the original question.

Shall I cry

I want my point awarded

as I said before "Oh well"

You lured me back - I couldn't resist the earlier comment. I already got the equivalent points by posting multiple times to this thread. As you have done as well :hehe::hehe:

Learn Extended Events

• CirquedeSQLeil (2/15/2010)

You lured me back - I couldn't resist the earlier comment. I already got the equivalent points by posting multiple times to this thread. As you have done as well :hehe::hehe:

Well, in which case, I claim my second point too.... 😉

• Steve Jones - Editor (2/15/2010)

The question has had the version added.

But it still says SSRS, which surely is the name used from SQLS 2005 onwards, not the one used in SQLS 2000?

Tom

• I should have known to avoid a question with version mixing , i.e. SSRS SQL Server 2000 😀

Got me! I chose 0 like everyone else using SSRS (2005 or 2008) because left blank or set to zero, it is always set to zero "under the hood"...

I shall watch more closely next time...

Peter Trast
    Microsoft Certified ...(insert many literal strings here)
    Microsoft Design Architect with Alexander Open Systems

• Tedious question. Just the sort of pointless detail I do not need in my head.

• I've tried to put to gather possible timeout configuration here, refer below links

http://www.avyuktasolutions.com/blog/sql-server-reporting-services-timeout-settings/

Feel free to add If I missed anything.

Alpesh Dhori | Software Professional

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply