SSRS subscription failure email

• Hi All,

I have a SSRS subscription on a report which runs Monday - Friday (All week days) and It is working fine as expected if there is no failure, i.e, I am getting success email every time if runs the report but when there Is any failure I am getting any email failure email rather when I open subscription page of the report I see "Failure sending mail: An error has occurred during report processing.Mail will not be resent" , which is not even a clear message.

For that I need to check daily if there is any failure which is manual work to do so is there a way I can get failure email like success email and also the error message is not clear where can I able to get clear error message.

Thanks for any valuable thoughts in advance.

• You can check status of subscription like this:

SELECT DISTINCT

E.NAME ,

E.PATH ,

D.DESCRIPTION ,

LASTSTATUS ,

EVENTTYPE ,

LASTRUNTIME ,

DATE_CREATED ,

DATE_MODIFIED

FROM REPORTSERVER.DBO.REPORTSCHEDULE A

JOIN MSDB.DBO.SYSJOBS B

ON CAST(A.SCHEDULEID AS VARCHAR(40)) = B.NAME

JOIN REPORTSERVER.DBO.REPORTSCHEDULE C

ON B.NAME = CAST(C.SCHEDULEID AS VARCHAR(40))

JOIN REPORTSERVER.DBO.SUBSCRIPTIONS D

ON CAST(C.SUBSCRIPTIONID AS VARCHAR(40)) = D.SUBSCRIPTIONID

JOIN REPORTSERVER.DBO.CATALOG E

ON D.REPORT_OID = E.ITEMID

WHERE D.LastStatus NOT LIKE '%Mail sent to%' AND D.LastStatus NOT LIKE '%The file%'

AND CONVERT(NVARCHAR, D.LastRunTime, 23) > CONVERT(NVARCHAR, getdate()-1, 23)

then create job.

in 1 step check iff count above query is >0 then go to step 2 there add command select 1/0 < Divide by zero error encountered. job returns an error.

Set notification on failiture.

Now you have mail when subscription is failed. 🙂

• Hi ,

I am unable to run the query , which might be the permissions issue.

but is there a way i can set audit process that can be built to be sure it runs each night?

Thanks,

Kalyan.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply