SSRS Subscription - Columns Format Different in Subscription (MHTML web archive), compared to Web and Excel

• Hi Everyone, 

I am pulling my hair out with amount of time i spent on this. 

I have created a SSRS Report that displays Daily Sales.

The report looks brilliant when viewing from Reporting Services or when exporting into Excel.

However, when i set up a Subscription to email the SSRS to business users with the following settings:

• Deliver the report to: E-Mail
    • Include Report (Checked)
    • Render Format (MHTML)

When i open the email in Outlook 2016 (64bit), the columns are are no longer aligned for my two matrices which one is below the other and i have some values in cells being broken to another line. 

I have done much research into this and so far understood that Outlook may be the issue and not so much SSRS! However, i can't seem to find a solution to this.

Thanks,

Laz

• AFAIK this is nature of the beast with MHTML output.  All the MHTML subscriptions I have arrive with resized and smooshed columns, and it's just something I have to tell users to be aware of.  However, I'm using earlier versions of SSRS (2005 and 2008), so maybe later they added something to address this.

• This all began with outlook 2007 and is a known and we'll loved (?) feature of Microsoft's. Basically prior to 2007 outlook used itmternet explorer to render MHTML but the change was made, in outlook 2007, to use word as the rendering engine.
    Good luck in convincing users it is not your fault, I was never able to despite repeated demonstrationsI

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply