SSRS - Subreport is generating blank pages

• Hello all,

I have a main report which calls a sub report. I pass a parameter to the sub report and it is correctly generating separate pages for each individual. However, a couple of the individuals' tabs are followed by one or more blank pages. The blank pages (when exported to excel) are named with the individual that was passed through as a parameter. I am using distinct for the individual names so there are not duplicates.

Also, I noticed that if I run the sub report alone, the blank tabs do not appear even when exporting to excel.

I am using VS/SQL 2008 R2.

Does anyone know why this happens? I have other sets of reports that do the exact same thing without this issue. I have tried changing margins and page size to no effect.

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide.

• you need to make sure the sub report fits inside the main report panel you defined, i think.

a common mistake is where the main report and the sub report are exactly the same width(say 8.5 x 11)

if you are using a narrowest 1/2 border, then you have 7.5 x 10 workable space on the main report, right?

but a sub report is going to START where the left edge of the sub report box is,and extend it's entire width to theright of that of that margin...so you get page overruns.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• Thank you Lowell. This did not solve my issue but I appreciate the help anyway!

• Hello Lowell and all,

I wanted to let you know how I finally fixed this. I was mistaken by stating the problem as blank pages. The "blank" pages were individuals that did not have any data. Since I was passing all individuals as a parameter, the persons without data showed blank tabs. Once I fixed the dataset for the parameter to only return individuals with data, the "blank" pages no longer showed.

Just thought I would add this note in case my situation can be of help to anyone else.

Once again, thank you Lowell for your help. If I had defined the problem correctly, you might have had a chance to help me resolve it :Whistling:

• glad you found the issue and posted back , Wayne; that information will probably help someone else in the future.

WTG

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply