ssrs permissions

• I would REALLY appreciate any pointers here. 

So I've set up a new SSRS 2008.  It works fine for myself & other domain admins.  I have 2 reports & need the following security set up:

Report 1 - visible by user 1 only (& domain admins)
    Report 2 - visible by user 2 only (& domain admins)

But I set up user 1, and permissioned them in SSRS.  I've added site settings = system user & system admin.  & added them into all other folders.  No matter what I do in here I get an SSRS error = "user x does not have required permissions.  verify that sufficient permissions have been granted and windows UAC restrictions have been addressed".

What am I missing?  Are there windows permissions user 1 needs.  Or permissions within SQL itself?

This is doing my nut in.  Thanks in advance.

• snomadj - Thursday, February 22, 2018 9:57 AM

I would REALLY appreciate any pointers here. 

So I've set up a new SSRS 2008.  It works fine for myself & other domain admins.  I have 2 reports & need the following security set up:

Report 1 - visible by user 1 only (& domain admins)
    Report 2 - visible by user 2 only (& domain admins)

But I set up user 1, and permissioned them in SSRS.  I've added site settings = system user & system admin.  & added them into all other folders.  No matter what I do in here I get an SSRS error = "user x does not have required permissions.  verify that sufficient permissions have been granted and windows UAC restrictions have been addressed".

What am I missing?  Are there windows permissions user 1 needs.  Or permissions within SQL itself?

This is doing my nut in.  Thanks in advance.

Are the users going to the default URL, the one that says Home Page on the top? If so that might be missing permissions.
    When you are on the Home Page in Report Manager, click on Folder Settings from there to provide access to the home page URL.
    If you want the user to access just certain folders then they need to access this by specifying the path to the folder instead of the home page URL.

Sue

• Thanks sue. Appreciate the reply but I have given the users full access as sys admin from the home home (& down as inherited). Must be something else.

Do the users need certain sql permissions. Or windows ones?

• snomadj - Tuesday, February 27, 2018 2:16 AM

Thanks sue. Appreciate the reply but I have given the users full access as sys admin from the home home (& down as inherited). Must be something else. Do the users need certain sql permissions. Or windows ones?

They don't need more permissions to access the report server. If it's IE, sometimes they need to add the URL to local Intranet sites and make sure DPM is disabled. 

Sue

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply