SSRS In a Flash - The Basics

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item SSRS In a Flash - The Basics

• Thanks very much for writing this article. SSRS is a technology with which I would like to become more familiar. I am very much looking forward to the next installment.

• Thank you for the article and comprehensive style.

• I hope you are going to go over report models in this topic. We have a complex environment, and I have found it very challenging to build a end-user friendly report model.

• Nice article on some SSRS basics.

• Excellent job of writing and enjoyable to read. I am looking forward to the rest of the series.

• Bravo! I love (and learn best from) step by step instructional articles like this. I've created some SSRS reports but it is not something I do often so this will be great reinforcement. Very much looking forward to the next installment.

Lisa

• Steve Jones - Editor (8/26/2010)

Excellent job of writing and enjoyable to read. I am looking forward to the rest of the series.

I agree with Steve's comments....but when is the next installment?

Hope we dont have to wait another four months ...............................

• Any comments on switching from Crystal Reports and BOE to SSRS? My company is seriously thinking about this.

• gah (8/26/2010)

Steve Jones - Editor (8/26/2010)

Excellent job of writing and enjoyable to read. I am looking forward to the rest of the series.

Jessica is hard at work and part 3 is almost done. The delay has mostly been my fault in turning comments around quickly. Hopefully we'll have the next one soon.

• Nice article, It is very helpful. Hopefully, next part will soon be posted.

• Steve Jones - Editor (8/26/2010)

gah (8/26/2010)

Steve Jones - Editor (8/26/2010)

Jessica is hard at work and part 3 is almost done. The delay has mostly been my fault in turning comments around quickly. Hopefully we'll have the next one soon.

Thanks for feedback Steve (I'm sure you are "hard at work" as well!)

Anyway...am looking forward to part 3.

Well done Jessica and thanks.

• Nice article and thanks for sharing it with us.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Thanks everyone for your comments and kind words.

tlujan, I won't be covering report models in this series. Not much has changed since the 2005 version of SSRS models.

david 310, This is the most comprehensive article that I know of regarding migrating from Crystal Report to SSRS: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa964127(SQL.90).aspx. I know Hitachi Consulting can use a conversion tool to assist as well. Other than those options, it is a pretty manual process - good luck in your discussions!

Stay tuned for SSRS In a Flash Part 3...

-Jessica

• Thank you for the link.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply