SSRS Excel export group filtering

• Hi

I'm building a tablix with several groups (I'm trying to avoid repeating the same value) - this is great when you visualize the report online, but when you export it to EXCEL and try to filter it does not retrieve all the rows - it usually retrieves the first.
    How can I get around this? We want both : the grouping + be able to filter in EXCEL

THANKS in advance

• I'm not really sure what you mean here, in all honesty. What do you mean it only retrieves the first? If you're filtering to a value, on Excel, and it's only displaying one row then only one row have that value. Sounds like the issue isn't with SSRS/Excel, but that you're using the filter incorrectly.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• Its looks more like a formatting issue when exported to excel from SSRS. I believe the filter on that particular column contain only one row reset are on the other cell due to formatting issue because of the cell size?

A quick suggestion would be - et the row height in Tablix to 12.75pt and set "CanGrow" to "False"This should make your excel output look better.

Note: Only catch here is as "CanGrow" is set to false so you won't see the entire cell content unless you expand the cell in Excel.

• Say, there a table with a list of users that logged in a website - columns : year, month, weekday, ID, name , in the tablix I have this grouped by year and month

January  |   John Doe

2000              | March  |  John Doe

June  |  John Doe

January  |  John Doe

2001         |      March  |  John Doe

June  |  John Doe

January  |  John Doe

2002              | March  | John Doe

June  |  John Doe

If I export this to EXCEL and then add column filters, if you choose, for instance year 2001 - the row retrieved is

2001         |      January  |  John Doe

What I would want to retrieve :

January  |  John Doe

June  |  John Doe

I am going to bring in some SSRS parameters, but I would like to understand how is this hapening and how, if possible to workaround this.

Hope its clearer, thanks

• d_martins - Wednesday, November 22, 2017 6:02 AM

Say, there a table with a list of users that logged in a website - columns : year, month, weekday, ID, name , in the tablix I have this grouped by year and month

January  |   John Doe

2000              | March  |  John Doe

June  |  John Doe

January  |  John Doe

June  |  John Doe

January  |  John Doe

2002              | March  | John Doe

June  |  John Doe

If I export this to EXCEL and then add column filters, if you choose, for instance year 2001 - the row retrieved is
    2001         |      January  |  John Doe

What I would want to retrieve :

January  |  John Doe

June  |  John Doe

I am going to bring in some SSRS parameters, but I would like to understand how is this hapening and how, if possible to workaround this.

Hope its clearer, thanks

One guess, however, is that your cells on your groups are merged. You'll need to unmerge the cells in the group and display the group's value on every row to use the filter in the way you want it.

Could you post that in a readable format please? I tried putting it in IF markup (like it should be), but still doesn't help. I think, on this occasion, an image or csv would be easier.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply