SSRS 2016 Report Server DBs in a Basic Availability

• I have a 2 node cluster on which I need to setup AlwaysOn as standalone SQL instance...since it is a standard edition we would be going with Basic AGs. I can easily get the user databases added into the AGs but I am not sure about how it would be if we add the ReportingServer databases into the Basic AG. Is there a documentation that suggests how it needs to be added in a Basic AG. Also, what are the precautionary measures once should take in order to make sure that in the event of a failover it works correctly. I am also a little unsure how it would be since both the ReportServer and ReportServerTempDB would be in 2 separate AGs...will this cause problems etc.

Appreciate the guidance on this.

Thanks

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• There is this information - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/database-engine/availability-groups/windows/reporting-services-with-always-on-availability-groups-sql-server?view=sql-server-ver15 if it helps?

Some of the text refers to the 2019 version but I set the version on the linked page to 2016 so, in theory, it should be correct for that version as well.

Sorry it's not a configuration I've set up.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply