SSRS 2014 - Page Break to follow a sub-report?

• Hi everyone,

Really really need help on this one.   You would think that page breaks would be easy to do, but alas, SSRS is not doing what I told it to do.   Of course, I am assuming that I simply haven't told it the exactly correct way to go about it.   I have a report with two groups, and there is to be no visible details section.   I have a sub-report at the beginning of the entire report, contained in one tablix where a filter reduces the number of rows to one, so that the parameter to it works correctly.  Then I have the main tablix that has the two groups, and the group headers have no sub-reports, but the group footer for the innermost group has two sub-reports, and the third sub-report is in a row below all the groups.   I need a page break after the 2nd sub-report in the innermost group, so I tried using the group properties to no avail, and then tried to put a rectangle in a row following the 2nd sub-report's row, and put a page break before or after the rectangle, based on the rectangle properties.   No success.   This is SSRS 2014, and using Visual Studio 2019 Community Edition with the SSRS vsix installed.   I've also updated VS and the vsix to the latest versions.   Anyone?

Steve (aka sgmunson) 🙂 🙂 🙂
    Rent Servers for Income (picks and shovels strategy)

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• FYI, I was converting this report from Crystal Reports, and the problem was largely of my own making.   I chose to talk to the person supporting that report, and they indicated what it needed to look like, as well as confirmed a suspicion I had, and ended up re-doing the groups entirely, so that it's really just one group.   This has solved the paging issue entirely.   Although...  I would love to know why the additional page break was NOT occurring...   My guess says I never find out... and I'm okay with that for this case...

• Just an FYI....I've seen similar things with subreports and the rectangle trick usually works. I had one that didn't, don't really remember the details of the report other than I just changed something in that mess of tablix subreports to use a list instead. I do remember at one point getting the page break to work but I had to set the tablix rows KeepTogether property to false and then the report looked pretty stupid, didn't display correctly. At that time I thought the issue was due to nesting the subreports and the KeepTogether defaults that interfered with the page breaks.

Sue

• Yep. wouldn't be surprised.   I've solved the problem but not the issue...

Anyway, maybe you can help me with my current problem, which I'll be posting shortly...

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply