SSRS 2008 Reports with Default Parameter Values

• I have a scenario here where we are using SQL Server Reporting Services 2008 for reporting purposes. Some of our reports have default ID values Like

Value: 1

Label: Apple

Default Value: 1

Those reports work fine when deployed the first time. When there are changes to the report and they are deployed back to the same location on the report manager after the changes made the changes dont get deployed. Its almost like the report is cached. Even deleting the report doesn't work at times. Can somebody point me to look into something that could be causing that.

• Hi

Are you using the ID as a parameter...in some data set...???

Can you plz specify wat exactly are you lukin for....??

• Yes I am using the ID as a parameter.

I will specify an example: Lets suppose I have parameter fruit and I want to display Apple as my default value and its ID is 2. Within the default values I will set the parameter Fruit to default of 2.

I deploy the report in report manager. After a while I make a change to the report where I set my default to Grape with ID of 4. When I deploy the report which I made changes to I would expect to see my default value of 4 but instead I still see 2.

Can some one tell me why this happens. Why doesn't reporting services replace the default value with the new value?

• MaverickMan

I've seen this happen in both RS2000 and RS2005 as well. Once a report is deployed with a default value, you must change the value in the 'hosted report' within Report Manager. The 'new' default value from the newly deployed version of the .RDL does not get written to the hosted .RDL. Try this and let me know how this works for you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply