SSRS 2005 Excel Export Breaking

• Hi,

In our project we are using SSRS 2005 reports, some of our client facing issue while exporting the Excel from the report(its snapshot report). we are tried to recreate that scenario but we are not able to recreate, even we tried with the same Client System configuration in our Dev System with Open & Save document option it's working as expected.

I have doubt any Security software scanning the file in the process of exporting the excel.

Excel File Size around 15 MB

Client System - Win 7, IE 8, Office 2010

Please let me know if anyone come across this strange behavior in your experience.

Thanks.

___
    Known Is An Drop,Unknown Is An Ocean....
    Njoy Programming
    🙂

• What do you mean by they're facing an issue? Is there an error that appears when they try to export, or is the issue related to page breaks? A screenshot of any error your client is receiving would be great.

• Client not able to open the download excel sheet, out assumption it's not downloaded properly. Problem we not able replicate in our environment. It happening in their client environmentetwork.

___
    Njoy Programming
    🙂

• I expect it's likely a problem with Excel on their computer, rather than SSRS. Without knowing what error message your client is getting when they attempt to open the Excel documents, I can't identify the issue.

• Thanks for your reply,

we didn't get any specific exception that's why I'm not able to share. while opening it throwing the not able to open the excel.

___
    Njoy Programming
    🙂

• It looks like you don't have enough information to solve the problem. There way too many things that could be.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply