SSRS 2005 Error when viewing report in Browser

• Mario is probably right about the double hop.

Can you setup Kerberos on the machines?

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=319723

We have IIS and RS on one machine, SQL and SSAS on another, and it works fine with Kerberos.

Greg E

• Greg Edwards (2/8/2008)

Mario is probably right about the double hop.

Can you setup Kerberos on the machines?

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=319723

We have IIS and RS on one machine, SQL and SSAS on another, and it works fine with Kerberos.

Greg E

Unfortunately, the problem persists after this is done.

I will be unavailable for this posting in the next 10-30 days,

due to something unexpected.

I will pick up where we left off when I come back.

Thanks!

__________________________________________________________________________________
    SQL Server 2016 Columnstore Index Enhancements - System Views for Disk-Based Tables[/url]
    Persisting SQL Server Index-Usage Statistics with MERGE[/url]
    Turbocharge Your Database Maintenance With Service Broker: Part 2[/url]

• OK.

There are a number of pieces to having Kerberos set up properly. And it also requires a Domain Admin to setup the endpoints.

Have some other bookmarks and tips that may be helpful when you're ready.

Greg E

• hey guys,

i know this is a somewhat old thread, but i'm just starting to work with SSRS and i'm seeing the same problem.

As mentioned, it seems to be a problem with the double hopping through servers.

I had a problem similar to this a few years ago, and had to play with kerberos auth.

i'll test over the next few days and update.

(The easy solution is definately to just use sql server auth, but I really don't want to)

cheers,

jeff

• Jeff Kelly (3/17/2008)

hey guys,

i know this is a somewhat old thread, but i'm just starting to work with SSRS and i'm seeing the same problem.

As mentioned, it seems to be a problem with the double hopping through servers.

I had a problem similar to this a few years ago, and had to play with kerberos auth.

i'll test over the next few days and update.

(The easy solution is definately to just use sql server auth, but I really don't want to)

cheers,

jeff

Same here, I don't want to use SQL-auth. It's just messy for what I want to do.

I've been back at work for a few days now, I will get back to this thread with new developments in the next few days.

I have actually opened a case with MS support on this issue that I had to archive with them because I was going away. I will be re-opening it and posting new info here accordingly.

Cheers all!

__________________________________________________________________________________
    SQL Server 2016 Columnstore Index Enhancements - System Views for Disk-Based Tables[/url]

• we've fixed this issue... The problem is that it's trying to use NTLM and not kerberos...

Here's what we did:

http://blogs.msdn.com/sql_protocols/archive/2005/10/12/479871.aspx

using that article, it shows how you need to setup/register a SPN. Once that's done, a reboot, and now we're good to go!

• Thank you Jeff, I'll take a look at that link!

• np... lemme know if it fixes your issue as well.

cheers,

jeff

• Hi, I have run into the same problem with a report uploaded via report server from my local machine (= a pull). However, a report that I deployed from my local machine to report server (= a push) has no issues with the data source access, the report renders perfectly well.

• One thing more: if I change the data source in the present report (the "pulled" report) over to the data source that was deployed to report server as part of the previously "pushed" report, the data connection works fine and the pulled report also renders.

--Laura

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply