SSMS Standard Reports

• Hi

Is there a way to execute (sub report) the SSMS standard reports from within another custom (self built) report?

Also can the standard reports be viewed, i.e. their rdl file. If I can add them to my solution it would solve the problem.

Regards

Brian

Regards
    Brian Ellul
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Computers are incredibly fast, accurate, and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate, and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination.
    - Albert Einstein -

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• By my knowledge the RDL of the standard reports is not available. You could profile the reports to get the underlying SQL, but you would still need to recreate the reports by yourself.

You can also download and install the "Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Performance Dashboard Reports". These are additional and more detailed reports and the RDL's are located in the installation folder.

** Don't mistake the ‘stupidity of the crowd’ for the ‘wisdom of the group’! **

• You can't fire off the reports from another report.

The reports for SSMS use the report viewer control so the reports are all rdlc files. They are stored in the file Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Reports.dll. If you use a .Net decompiler, you can view the resources and see the reports. You can save those to another directory and have copies of the rdlc files.

Sue

• Thanks

Regards
    Brian Ellul
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Computers are incredibly fast, accurate, and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate, and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination.
    - Albert Einstein -

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply