SSMS "Script Table As Create" & Collation

• I am using a database with a CI collation, but where some of the columns in some tables are set to a CS collation.

Is there any way to get SSMS to include this column-specific collation information when generating "CREATE TABLE" scripts via the "Script Table As Create To..." feature? Or does one have to manually check the collation of each column and manually update the CREATE TABLE script accordingly?

Thanks!

"If I had been drinking out of that toilet, I might have been killed." -Ace Ventura

• autoexcrement (5/27/2014)

I am using a database with a CI collation, but where some of the columns in some tables are set to a CS collation.

Is there any way to get SSMS to include this column-specific collation information when generating "CREATE TABLE" scripts via the "Script Table As Create To..." feature? Or does one have to manually check the collation of each column and manually update the CREATE TABLE script accordingly?

Thanks!

Ins SSMS, go to Tools menu and select options. In the options dialog, locate and expand SQL Server Object Explorer on the left hand side and select Scripting. In the list on the right hand side, under Table and View options, there is an entry called Include collation.

😎

• Awesome, thank you!

"If I had been drinking out of that toilet, I might have been killed." -Ace Ventura

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply