SSIS with Excel in 2008

• I am running a report that I need to have outputted to Excel, then emailed out to various users. I do this quite often in 2005 VS but in VS 2008 I am getting the following error:

The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine.

Is Office required to be installed on the server that the SSIS package exsists? I don't recall if Office is installed on the other servers where I am doing similar tasks.

Server info:

Microsoft SQL Server 2008 (SP1) - 10.0.2531.0 (X64) Mar 29 2009 10:11:52 Copyright (c) 1988-2008 Microsoft Corporation Standard Edition (64-bit) on Windows NT 6.0 <X64> (Build 6001: Service Pack 1)

Thank you in advance...

• Office itself (in its entirety) doesn't need to be installed, but you'll need to (at least) install the providers. Go here for the download: 2007 Office System Driver: Data Connectivity Components

Todd McDermid - SQL Server MVP, MCSD.Net, MCTS (SQL08BI)
    Find great SSIS extensions - most are open source - at SSIS Community Tasks and Components[/url]
    Are you doing Data Warehouse ETL with SSIS? Don't use the slow SCD Wizard, use the Kimball Method SCD component instead.

• Has VS 2008 solved that 64-bit issue with Excel?

[Excel Destination [466]] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_CANNOTACQUIRECONNECTIONFROMCONNECTIONMANAGER. The AcquireConnection method call to the connection manager "Excel Connection Manager" failed with error code 0xC0202009. There may be error messages posted before this with more information on why the AcquireConnection method call failed.

• It's not an issue that VS or SSIS 2008 can solve. It's an Office issue. However, there are definitely very usable workarounds, and some good news about Office 2010 too: see my Quick Reference: SSIS in 64- and 32-bits.

Todd McDermid - SQL Server MVP, MCSD.Net, MCTS (SQL08BI)
    Find great SSIS extensions - most are open source - at SSIS Community Tasks and Components[/url]
    Are you doing Data Warehouse ETL with SSIS? Don't use the slow SCD Wizard, use the Kimball Method SCD component instead.

• Thanks for your help!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply