SSIS variable declaration issue

• Dear Experts,

i am beginner in MSBI.
    i am try to create full path dynamically.for archive excel file.

Input file folder : \\ABC105.SSN.MERIT.COM\VIPP_HT_Bckup_28-12\Actual load\2018\Mar_2018
    File name : (just for test) : attachment_1

now i try to form file full path: (its working fine)
    @[user::input file folder] + @[user::File Name] = \\ABC105.SSN.MERIT.PHILIPS.COM\VIPP_HT_Bckup_28-12\Actual load\2018\Mar_2018attachment_1 
    (this text visible in value_column perfectly.)

But while try to Add  \  symbol there is display wrong text: [below text display]
    @[user::input file folder] + \ + @[user::File Name] = \\ABC105.SSN.MERIT.PHILIPS.COM\VIPP_HT_Bckup_28-12\Actual load
    [and its not display in value_column also.]

Please some one help me.

• Anand BI Developer - Sunday, April 29, 2018 3:55 AM

Dear Experts,

i am beginner in MSBI.
    i am try to create full path dynamically.for archive excel file.

Input file folder : \\ABC105.SSN.MERIT.COM\VIPP_HT_Bckup_28-12\Actual load\2018\Mar_2018
    File name : (just for test) : attachment_1

now i try to form file full path: (its working fine)
    @[user::input file folder] + @[user::File Name] = \\ABC105.SSN.MERIT.PHILIPS.COM\VIPP_HT_Bckup_28-12\Actual load\2018\Mar_2018attachment_1 
    (this text visible in value_column perfectly.)

But while try to Add  \  symbol there is display wrong text: [below text display]
    @[user::input file folder] + \ + @[user::File Name] = \\ABC105.SSN.MERIT.PHILIPS.COM\VIPP_HT_Bckup_28-12\Actual load
    [and its not display in value_column also.]

Please some one help me.

Try 
    @[user::input file folder] + "\\" + @[user::File Name]

• The following code doesn't make sense:
    @[user::input file folder] + @[user::File Name] = \\ABC105.SSN.MERIT.PHILIPS.COM\VIPP_HT_Bckup_28-12\Actual load\2018\Mar_2018attachment_1
    Firstly, you're trying to assign the value to 2 different variables which are being concatenated. The syntax for variable assignment in SSIS is [@Variable] = {expression}, where the {expression}, can be simple a literal string, or something more complex, involving functions and other variables.

Next, you're literal string isn't in quotations("). Next, because it have reserved characters, those need to be escaped. This means you're literal string because:
    "\\\\ABC105.SSN.MERIT.PHILIPS.COM\\VIPP_HT_Bckup_28-12\\Actual load\\2018\\Mar_2018attachment_1"

I still don't really understand what your goal is, with trying to assign the value to 2 concatenated variables though; so I can't help you there.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply