SSIS trouble

• I am trying to extract a field ID from source table to a field GUID to the destination table using the SSIS package.

When i schedule this package and run it i get the error:

There was an error with output column "GUID" (32) on output "OLE DB Source Output" (11). The column status returned was: "Conversion failed because the data value overflowed the specified type.". End Error Error: 2007-12-11 19:30:33.06 Code: 0xC0209029 Source: DFT_V_Observation OLE_SRC_V_Observation [1] Description: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_INDUCEDTRANSFORMFAILUREONERROR. The "output column "GUID" (32)" failed because error code 0xC0209075 occurred, and the error row disposition on "output column "GUID" (32)" specifies failure on error.

The data types are:

ID : numeric(16,0) (in source table)

GUID : bigint (in destination table)

Ironically when i manually run this package the extraction is completed successfully without any errors/warnings. While i get the above error while running it thru a job.

how do i resolve this issue. do i have to change the destination datatype?

• either make the datatypes identical (The best option IMHO) or just do a CAST in your select when you retrieve the data

SELECT

Cast(ID As BigInt) As ID

FROM

Cheers,

GAJ

Gregory A Jackson MBA, CSM

• As GAJ pointed out, the easiest answer is to use a cast or convert, but you could also go into the Visual Studio with that packet and explicitly format the Data Type to eight_byte signed integer [DT_I8] in the Data Conversion Transformation for your package. Which way works better for you depends on how your package was generated and how you formatted the SSIS package.

---
    Timothy A Wiseman
    SQL Blog: http://timothyawiseman.wordpress.com/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply