SSIS Startup directory not found

• This seems to be a common issue throughout my packages. Anywhere I try to access anything in the startup directory. The startup directory is a server URL mapped to Z:\. In this example package. The task that is failing is a script task that verifies the components required are in the startup directory.  This is just a script task with a Directory.Exists(StartPath) check.

Z:\ = \\SQLServer\SSIS

Startup directory  \\SQLServer\SSIS\GMS\ACS_Returns

Executed as user:

Invalid Input Path Z:\GMS\ACS_Returns\   <-- This is my message

Microsoft (R) SQL Server Execute Package Utility  Version 10.50.6560.0 for 64-bit  Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 2010. All rights reserved.

Started:  7:43:27 PM

Error: 2020-11-30 19:43:27.66     Code: 0x00000008

Source: House Keeping

Description: The script returned a failure result.

End Error

DTExec: The package execution returned DTSER_FAILURE (1).

Started:  7:43:27 PM  Finished: 7:43:27 PM  Elapsed:  0.187 seconds.

The package execution failed.  The step failed.

Public Sub Main()
    Dim StartPath As String = ""
    If Dts.Variables.Contains("StartPath") = True Then
    StartPath = Dts.Variables("StartPath").Value
    Else
    Dts.Events.FireWarning(0, "Start Path not found", "The path or variable is missing", String.Empty, 0)
    Dts.TaskResult = ScriptResults.Failure
    GoTo MainExit
    End If

Try
    If Directory.Exists(StartPath) Then
    Dts.Variables("TotalsQuery_conn").Value = StartPath & "QueryFor_ACS_Export.sql"
    Dts.Variables("Export_htm_conn").Value = StartPath & "ACS_Export.htm"
    Dts.Variables("Export_xsl_conn").Value = StartPath & "ACS_Export.xsl"
    Dts.TaskResult = ScriptResults.Success
    Else
    Console.WriteLine("Invalid Input Path " & StartPath)
    Dts.Events.FireWarning(0, "Start Path not found", StartPath, String.Empty, 0)
    Dts.TaskResult = ScriptResults.Failure
    End If

Catch ex As Exception
    Dim strMsg As String = "Invalid Input Path " & StartPath & vbCrLf & ex.Message
    Send_Error_Email(strMsg)

End Try

MainExit:

End Sub

• This looks like an easy one to me - Z:\ is mapped for you, not mapped for all users on the server.  So the SQL Agent service account doesn't have a Z drive.

Use the UNC path and you will likely not have the failures as long as the correct permissions are in place.

The above is all just my opinion on what you should do. 
    As with all advice you find on a random internet forum - you shouldn't blindly follow it.  Always test on a test server to see if there is negative side effects before making changes to live!
    I recommend you NEVER run "random code" you found online on any system you care about UNLESS you understand and can verify the code OR you don't care if the code trashes your system.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply