SSIS Question

• We used to have all SSIS packages in files systems. As I'm upgrading them to the new server, I'd like to see your opinion where to store these packages, File System to MSDB? what's the pos and neg ?

• I assume your not upgrading to SQL Server 2008 (which is the forum you've posted in). If you are, you need to reconsider as 2008 is about to run out of support.

To answer your question msdb or File System, the answer is neither; use SSISDB, it's a huge improvement on the deployment model. You can find out about it here.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• We are on 2008 going to end up on 2016 what exactly is SSISDB and how do I create it?

Thanks

• keanyukas wrote:

We are on 2008 going to end up on 2016 what exactly is SSISDB and how do I create it? Thanks

It's all covered in that link I posted above, including how to create it. You'll probably be better having a look there and then asking about what you don't understand as there is a lot to learn.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• In the 2008 R2 release they introduced SSIS project deployment model which uses SSISDB. Only the package deployment model is available in the 2008 release.

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by  Joe Torre.
  • Joe Torre wrote:

In the 2008 R2 release they introduced SSIS project deployment model which uses SSISDB. Only the package deployment model is available in the 2008 release.

SSISDB was added in 2012, not 2008 R2.

Thom~

Larnu.uk

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply