SSIS Processing of SSAS Multidimensional Cube Fails

• All I get back is an error message of

"Analysis Services Processing Task Error: A Connection cannot be made. Ensure the Server is running"

The server is running, I can process the cube by connecting to the AS instance and right-click processing it.

I can process the cube by running the SSIS task inside of SSDT

Just when I deploy the SSIS package (in Project mode) and then execute it do I get the error message.

SQL Server, SSAS, and SSIS processes are all running under the same account. SSAS is on a separate server from SSIS and SQL if that matters.

Any ideas?

--Mark Tassin
    MCITP - SQL Server DBA
    Proud member of the Anti-RBAR alliance.
    For help with Performance click this link[/url]
    For tips on how to post your problems[/url]

• Just an FYI here.

I managed to get my SSIS package to process SSAS.

I did it by creating a Job in SQL Agent to run the IS task.

When I then ran that job, it connected and started processing the cubes.

What I don't understand is why it works via the Agent Job, but doesn't work when I directly invoke the SSIS Package.

--Mark Tassin
    MCITP - SQL Server DBA
    Proud member of the Anti-RBAR alliance.
    For help with Performance click this link[/url]
    For tips on how to post your problems[/url]

• mtassin (10/31/2012)

All I get back is an error message of

"Analysis Services Processing Task Error: A Connection cannot be made. Ensure the Server is running"

The server is running, I can process the cube by connecting to the AS instance and right-click processing it.

I can process the cube by running the SSIS task inside of SSDT

Just when I deploy the SSIS package (in Project mode) and then execute it do I get the error message.

SQL Server, SSAS, and SSIS processes are all running under the same account. SSAS is on a separate server from SSIS and SQL if that matters.

Any ideas?

I am having the exact same issue. Banged my head all day to figure out the cause and finally landed on your post. I created a SQL Agent job and ran it and its working as it did for you.

Thats all I wanted anyways!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply