SSIS - Problem with OLE DB Source

• Hi All,

I'm building an SSIS Package to transfer files on some of our servers for a business client.

In one section of the package, I have a script task that dynamically sets the value of a package variable to the SQL command that will be executed in a subsequent Data Flow task.

If I set the Data Flow tasks Data access mode to "SQL Command from variable", I get the a warning message "The external columns for component "OLE DB Source" are out of synchronization with the data source columns".

If I change the Data access mode to "SQL Command" and copy paste the exact same SQL command that I'm dynamically building in the script task, I get no warnings. Is this is a bug in SSIS? If not, any suggestions?

If further information is required, please don't hesitate to ask.

• In your data flow component's Properties, try setting ValidateExternalMetadata to False. Does that fix the problem?

• David Data (6/28/2010)

In your data flow component's Properties, try setting ValidateExternalMetadata to False. Does that fix the problem?

That fixed it, thank you very much!!

🙂

• It works for me too!

Can you explain why, or should I just chalk it up to SSIS Weirdness?

• The problem is the variable has no value until runtime, so you're telling the compiler to ignore whatever is in the variable until runtime, and when it gets to that step in the package, then validate it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply