SSIS Package: Match by ID and move files from One to another two folders.

• Hi - Need your help in this. Below is the scenario :

1. I have got of files with the format (Name_ID_PatientID_currenttimestamp.pdf), these files are generated daily. Highlighted yellow is the PatientID in the file. these files are in Folder A

folder_A

2. I also save these filenames and Patient ID in a SQL table.

tableA

3. Now, I want to Match with the Patient ID in SQL table with the Patient ID (Name_ID_PatientID_currenttimestamp.pdf) in Folder A and move these files to Folder B and Folder C.

How do i do that ? Is it possible ? Thank you in advance

• This topic was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  kran.
  • kran wrote:

Hi - Need your help in this. Below is the scenario : 1. I have got of files with the format (Name_ID_PatientID_currenttimestamp.pdf), these files are generated daily. Highlighted yellow is the PatientID in the file. these files are in Folder A folder_A 2. I also save these filenames and Patient ID in a SQL table. tableA 3. Now, I want to Match with the Patient ID in SQL table with the Patient ID (Name_ID_PatientID_currenttimestamp.pdf) in Folder A and move these files to Folder B and Folder C. How do i do that ? Is it possible ? Thank you in advance

"I also save these filenames and Patient ID in a SQL table" --1

"Now, I want to Match with the Patient ID in SQL table with the Patient ID"  --2

Doesn't the table from statement (1) provide this match for you?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• I want to move those matched PDF files with Patient ID from Folder A to Folder B and Folder C.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  kran.
  • Is this the required process? If not, what is?

For each file
    Extract the patient Id from the file name
    Check whether the extracted patient Id matches a row in the SQL Server lookup table
    If a match is found
    Copy the file to folder B
    Copy the file to folder C
    Delete the file from folder A
    End If
    Next file

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• For each file

Extract the patient Id from the file name

Check whether the extracted patient Id matches a row in the SQL Server lookup table

If a match is found

move the file to folder B

move the file to folder C

End If

Next file

• kran wrote:

For each file Extract the patient Id from the file name Check whether the extracted patient Id matches a row in the SQL Server lookup table If a match is found move the file to folder B move the file to folder C End If Next file

OK, so you need to use a FOREACH container to iterate round the files in the folder.

Use an Expression to extract the Patient Id from the file name and store in a package-scoped variable.

Use an ExecuteSQL task to check for the value in the lookup table, using the stored variable. Return 1 for found, 0 for not found (for example).

Use File System Tasks or a C# Script Task to copy the files, if 1 was returned (use a Precedence Constraint to control whether this gets executed).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply