SSIS package error on remote database

• hello everyone,

so i have created a SSIS package that i want it to run on another server, so example below:

Server A is running the SSIS package, and the destination is Server B, that i want it to run under a certain account, like either the network service or system service, which has the appropriate permissions needed on certain databases, i tried to create a proxy server using Network Service account, however i get the following error message:

Unable to start execution of step 1 (reason: Error authenticating proxy NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE, system error: The user name or password is incorrect.). The step failed.

I have the SSIS package set to "Windows Authentication" for the connection manager, but still coming up with that same error message, is there a trick to it or maybe something i am doing wrong?

thanks in advance

• Are server A and server B in the same domain?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Hey Phil 🙂

Yes they are in the same Domain

• Rather than continuing down the path you're on, I suggest getting SSIS running as a domain service account user. Then you can assign the required privs to the service account and all of your security problems should evaporate.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• ahh cool let me try that out, big thank you sir 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply