SSIS Package Deployment

• Hi Guys,

I have a question reagarding SSIS pacakge deployment. Here is my sitution:

The developer created a SSIS pacakge on SQL SERVER 2005 Standard Edition(32 bit) environment and want to deploy the package to SQL SERVER 2008 Enterprise(64Bit) Environment. Actually we are planning to deploy using deployment utility(creating manifest file). Can we deploy or not ? Is there any thing we need to consider for this deployment. or what is the best way to deploy a SSIS package created on sql 2005 to Sql 2008 environment. Here the Development environment & Prod Environment is different.

Thanks

AKP

• I wouldn't think this would work. There were some significant changes in SSIS from SQL Server 2005 to 2008, and I would expect that you'll get some grief when you try to deploy this. Even if it does deploy successfully, I'd consider it suspect until fully tested.

Of course the larger question is, what would it take to get your dev environment to be at least on the same major release of SQL Server?

Tim Mitchell, Microsoft Data Platform MVP
    Data Warehouse and ETL Consultant
    TimMitchell.net | @Tim_Mitchell | Tyleris.com
    ETL Best Practices

• Well, one thing that can go wrong is the connection strings to your databases. In 2008 they differ lightly from the 2005 version.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply