SSIS For Sql server what for ORACLE ?

• I have been working on SSIS SSRS projects more than 3 years.

Now i wonder how to develop similar projects for oracle. I'm planning moving my career way to oracle

but don't know where to start where to go...

In my country (Turkey) oracle experts make 3x more money than sql experts.

Any ideas or suggestions folks

• sirzatkoc (8/18/2011)

I have been working on SSIS SSRS projects more than 3 years.

Now i wonder how to develop similar projects for oracle. I'm planning moving my career way to oracle

but don't know where to start where to go...

In my country (Turkey) oracle experts make 3x more money than sql experts.

Any ideas or suggestions folks

There is nothing mirroring SSIS/SSRS on the Oracle world.

I assume you are some kind of developer specialized on SSIS/SSRS - I'll suggest to take a look at PL/SQL, SQL*Loader and Forms.

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at Amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.
  • We use informatica. Oracle really does not have a built in tool similiar to SSIS. Sure there is the SQL Loader - that only the script junkies use. Most Oracle shops with big ETL use a 3rd party - and a lot use Informatica.

• You can use SSIS for oracle also. There is no such difference between sql server and oracle.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply