SSIS Expressions

• Hi All,

Just wondered if someone could help, I have an SSIS package with two variables DateVal, and WeekNum.

With dateval it needs to add 7 days to the variable every week when the package is ran and so on and  WeekNum needs to add 1 to the previous value up to 4 then reset back to 1 and so on.ssis

If anybody could help it would be much appreciated, I have been trying to do it for a day and half up to now.

• When packages run, they cannot update themselves, so a wholly package-based solution is not the way ahead.

However, your package can read from and write to a metadata table inside a database. Perhaps this gets you what you want?

Even better (as it's self-contained and infinitely re-runnable) would be to derive your variables from run date. If you are able to do this and can provide the logic, we can help you implement it.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• You might want to use a script to update your variable values rather than use an expression since you are updating every time the package is run.

• karen.ferrara wrote:

You might want to use a script to update your variable values rather than use an expression since you are updating every time the package is run.

If the logic is not too complex, an Expression task may be sufficient. We really need to understand the logic before deciding on the best implementation method, I think.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply