SSIS Expression Task - Can you set the value of a NON-Boolean variable?

• From what I've seen online in various Google searches, folks have repeatedly claimed to be able to set the value of a variable using an Expression Task, but then the only examples show it setting a value for a Boolean variable as opposed to any kind of string or numeric type of variable.   I need to know if I'm just doing it wrong or that it's just not actually possible to set a variable of string datatype to a string value.   My only known alternative is a script task.   Anyone?

Steve (aka sgmunson) 🙂 🙂 🙂
    Rent Servers for Income (picks and shovels strategy)

• Well, had to just give up and not use variables  for what I had wanted to do.   Just used raw data instead within the Execute SQL Task items, and instead of mapping a parameter to a variable, just provide the raw text values.   Didn't have the time to mess with this any longer, but if you happen to find out the answer, feel free to post it...

• For the solution to this, see the following post:

https://www.sqlservercentral.com/forums/topic/ssis-expression-task-does-it-even-work

I spent a LOT of time searching online and struggled mightily to overcome the errors introduced by just one misinterpretation of info found online that just didn't quite cover all the "dirty details" that if you screw up, will mess you up completely...

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply