SSIS ExecuteSQLExecutingQuery not logging

• Hi,

Hope this is the correct forum in which to post this question. Please advise if not.

In SSIS 2008, I have one task that consistently logs an ExecuteSQLExecutingQuery event to my SQL Server sysssislog table, but another task, set up in a very similar way, does not. The task that successfully logs uses an expression for the SQL being run, while the task that does not uses a direct SQL statement with parameters. I changed the latter task to an expression-based one, but it still didn't log. I've checked that logging is turned on for that specific task, and indeed, the pre- and post-Execute events log as well, but not the ExecuteSQLExecutingQuery event. And it does do something, since the SQL it is responsible for does do its work.

Any idea why it might be that one of my tasks will log the SQL while another one will not? Baffled, since I really think I have everything set up correctly. Is this some sort of known bug, perhaps (couldn't find evidence of that)? Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,

Steve

• Never mind, it turns out it was logging, but I wasn't finding it in the log due to my lack of attention to the details. Sheesh. I need a vacation...

Sorry for the post.

-Steve

• Depending on how you have the logging setup it could miss new components. You could right click on the control flow and click Logging and see if the events selected are at the package level or the individual task host level.

CEWII

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply