SSIS Encryption

• Has anyone else had a problem when they set an encryption password on their SSIS packages? I did all the steps to change security to EncryptSensitiveWithPassword while I was still in development mode. For a while it was working fine. Today I opened Visual Studio and loaded the project, it prompted me for a password which I entered and everything seemed fine. However, when I tried to run it to test it is now having trouble calling other packages in the project because it says the Password was not specified or is incorrect. I've re-entered the password in every package and the project itself and it just keeps giving the same error. I am hoping I don't have to go back to the beginning and rebuild every package without security to be able to continue testing.

• What version of SSIS are you working with?

Have you checked the security levels of the other packages, or the project?

If the project is also EncryptSensitiveWithPassword, it may be that the password you set for that particular package is not being inherited by the project, since the project is a parent to the package.

• I'm using Visual Studio 2013. I should probably upgrade.

I was also thinking that there must be some way that the password is sent from the parent package to another package when it calls them.

Could it be because I am trying to test by running just individual steps and not running the entire project when I test it?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply