Tightly Coupled Distributed Transactions=0

Kerberos=0

KB_Network_Authentication=1

KB_Mutual_Authentication=0

KB_DataIntegrity=0

KB_DataConfidentiality=0

KB_ReplayDetection=0

KB_OutOfSequence=0

After the creation of a connection using that file, it is possible to work but I have to use SQL Command to get data of table (for example) and not directly the name of the table.

I would like to know if you have problemes like that with Sybase and if you work well with the combinaison sybase - SSIS ?

Thanks a lot

GJ from Paris => it explains my poor english language 😉

• You need to initate the data sources odbc with sybase to sql server first.

• Hi,

I think I do not explain correctly what is the matter...

I already succed to connect and make package with Sybase.

😀

I would like to have experience of other people who succed too and had proceed easily to suceed.

Why ?

Because I am limted in the use of SSIS.

For example, I must choose a data access mode = "SQL Command" with a command = "select * from MyTable"

and it is impossible to use the

"Table and view" mode in the dropdownlist to get the data of a table...

Thanks for those who spend time to answer.

🙂

• need help :blush:

• Hello Jacq

Well try using DataSource and its ADO.Net editor in the Data Flow Task to connect to sybase, if not go back and use DTS which is 2000 version to connect to sysbase and choose destination where you your data stored.

After you have done that go to SSIS and use Execute DTS Package Task, connect that to the job that you have created with DTS 2000, and from u you run it and start the usual SSIS Data Flow Task. The rest is up to you you connect with whatever Source type you prefer to that destination file you created with DTS 2000.

Man I have tried and it worked for so please try...

See ya

• The above method also worked for me :w00t:

I can therefore recommend to use DataSource and its ADO.Net editor in the Data Flow Task to connect to sybase

• Hi,

I am trying to import data from Sybase to sql server. I could create connection in connection manager by using .NetProvider/Odbc provider or ADO provider.

But from SSIS data flow task , there is no datasource that I can choose from to use that connection.

I tried Oledb source, the sybase connection that I created is not in the selection list.

I tried Data reader source, and able to select the sybase connection and specify the

Please help.

Thanks,

AC

• Jacq,

I have the same problem. I am trying to run a Stored Procedure with input parameters (@startDate,@endDate) on a Sybase server from SSIS using the ASE Ole DB Provider.

If I hard code the parameter values, it runs fine. If I use SSIS Package Variables, I get an error. I believe my parameter configuration is correct. The error I get is that "the column doesn't exist ..." which doesn't make any sense to me. The SP I am running will load working tables in Sybase for follow on queries so there is no result set.

Can you explain more on Data Source and ADO.NET configuration?

Thanks,

Justin

• Justin Stephens (1/8/2008)

Jacq,

I have the same problem. I am trying to run a Stored Procedure with input parameters (@startDate,@endDate) on a Sybase server from SSIS using the ASE Ole DB Provider.

If I hard code the parameter values, it runs fine. If I use SSIS Package Variables, I get an error. I believe my parameter configuration is correct. The error I get is that "the column doesn't exist ..." which doesn't make any sense to me. The SP I am running will load working tables in Sybase for follow on queries so there is no result set.

Can you explain more on Data Source and ADO.NET configuration?

Thanks,

Justin

I am trying to do the exact same thing and have tried both OLEDB and ADO.net.......to no avail. I also can hardcode in the parms and it works fine. Anyone with any information on this?

Thanks!

• Hi All

I am getting the problem in connecting to Sybase database from SSIS Bulk Insert Task. The same is working fine with SQL Server.

What exectly I need is I have a tab seperated text file and i want to save the data in the file to three different tables in Sybase database.

Can anyone suggest the way to accomplish this task using SSIS.

Thanks in advance !!!

Amit

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply