SSIS

• I am trying to connect oracle 11.2 using Integration service Oracle Destination Editor and OLE DB Destination .Installed the Oracle database client on the SSIS server but still get the below error.

There was an error trying to establish an Oracle connection with the database server.

Did anyone made successful connection.Any idea or advise please?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Sounds like something isn't right in the oracle home configuration which is what you would have run after the client install - in the Oracle Net Configuration Assistant. Check the tnsnames.ora file to see if it's configured correctly. If you skipped that part of the install, you can still run it - see the following part of the documentation:

Connecting Oracle Database Client to an Oracle Database

Sue

• Thanks Sue. Not sure if i have installed the 32 bit or 64 bit oracle client. Probably i would uninstall everything and try with 64 bit. Wondering the 64 bit installer is open source to download or it needs to be provided by the company? Please advise?

• I've always gotten it from Oracle media or their download site for clients but most of those client tools are available to download through OTN (Oracle Technology Network). You can also just search on tnsnames.ora and configure the file manually, that's typically what I've done. In that case you need to set Oracle environment variable TNS_ADMIN and point to the tnsnames.ora file.

Sue

• Thanks Sue! Working on this for last two days scratching my head no luck. Still don't want to give up. I tried everything i could think of. Installed the 64 bit client. Using Net Configuaration assistant configured the Local Net Service Name and it connects successfully form there. However, when i go back and try to connect from SSIS using Oracle Destination and then it doesn't work.

There was an error trying to establish an oracle connection with the database server.

Not sure what i am missing here?

• No other ideas...I can't remember seeing that particular error message before. Even an ORA error number/message would give a better idea. Is that really the full, exact error message?

Sue

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply