SSIS 2008 Script Component error

• Hi,

I'm using Script component in SSIS 2008. This is the error I received when I'm done writing the script.

Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.CannotCreateUserComponentException: Cannot create user component class. Make sure there is one class marked with SSISScriptComponentEntryPointAttribute in your script. at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ScriptComponentHost.CreateUserComponent().

Any idea what this error means and how can I resolve this error?

Thanks

• did you find a resolution? i am having same issue and cannot find

ANYTHING to help!

• unikhath (5/12/2009)

Hi,

I'm using Script component in SSIS 2008. This is the error I received when I'm done writing the script.

Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.CannotCreateUserComponentException: Cannot create user component class. Make sure there is one class marked with SSISScriptComponentEntryPointAttribute in your script. at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ScriptComponentHost.CreateUserComponent().

Any idea what this error means and how can I resolve this error?

Thanks

Ok...

can I ask a few questions first.

is this a new SSIS Package created specifically in 2008, or did it come from sql 2005, or is it a converted DTS to SSIS package.

Did you do any editing of the package outside of BIDS, ie, did you use notepad for any changes.

You could save the script you haev written, remove the script component, re-save the package, add the script component back in, and try it again.

Not sure if this will help you but...

In SQL Server 2008, the version-specific interface names have changed from ending with a "90" to a "100." For scripts and custom code that use these interfaces, code must be changed to use these new "100" interfaces as opposed to the "90" interfaces, and upgrades of script tasks and components do not automatically search and replace instances of "90" interface usage in custom-written code; this must be done manually.

IDTSConnectionManager90 -> IDTSConnectionManager100

IDTSComponentMetadata90 -> IDTSComponentMetadata100

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [highlight]Recommended Articles on How to help us help you and[/highlight]
    [highlight]solve commonly asked questions[/highlight]

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help by Jeff Moden[/url]
    Managing Transaction Logs by Gail Shaw[/url]
    How to post Performance problems by Gail Shaw[/url]
    Help, my database is corrupt. Now what? by Gail Shaw[/url]

• I have a new 2008 pkg, added script component , wrote some

vb code and voila there was the error message when i tried to

run the pkg. I tried adding a new script component and added

my code back in but same thing happened.

very frustrated! in 2005 never had this issue.

is there a line of vb code i need to insert into the script

to make this work properly?

• tiffanyjanetblack (9/14/2009)

I have a new 2008 pkg, added script component , wrote some

vb code and voila there was the error message when i tried to

run the pkg. I tried adding a new script component and added

my code back in but same thing happened.

very frustrated! in 2005 never had this issue.

is there a line of vb code i need to insert into the script

to make this work properly?

tell you what, can you post the code that you are trying to run in the script. If it is database centric, can you remove that and get it to do something basic. like display 'hello world' within a dialogue box.

silly question but you are writing VB.net code and not standard visual basic? and you have the scriptlanguage set to Microsoft Visual Basic .NET

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [highlight]Recommended Articles on How to help us help you and[/highlight]
    [highlight]solve commonly asked questions[/highlight]

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help by Jeff Moden[/url]
    Managing Transaction Logs by Gail Shaw[/url]
    How to post Performance problems by Gail Shaw[/url]
    Help, my database is corrupt. Now what? by Gail Shaw[/url]

• got it fixed....

the wacky error was really not telling me the actual issue, which was that

I had a column in my input twice. dont ask, because I dont know 🙂

so i fixed that up and then the error disappeared.

but yes, am writing .net code.

One thing that I think might help any future folk who get this

wacky error (and assumming its a new SSIS 2008 pkg) is that they

need to open the script and Build (from Build Menu) the script -

which will tell the REAL error. I never did this before with 2005...

and the stuff I found on google DID say to open the script and "make sure it builds" but only in reference to when they are upgrading 2005 to 2008

packages - which I was not doing and so I did not try that.

• Thanks, SSC, that was very helpful. I did as you said and clicked on Build from within the script itself, and the "real" problem was that I had a "For" without a matching "Next". Otherwise, I might have been struggling with this all day!!!

• I saw the same error if you had syntax error in the script component. I'll treat this like a generic error applicable to many unrelated issues unless some one clarifies to the contrary.

• This error also occurs if your script's code is trying to read an output column (which is supposed to be write-only). Something like this will issue the error:

myVar = Row.anOutputColumn

• Also, This is elementary but I missed it for 30 minutes...

For Variable Names VARIABLE_NAME is not same as Variable_Name.

This causes the issue problem

• Also, This is elementary but I missed it for 30 minutes...

For Variable Names VARIABLE_NAME is not same as Variable_Name.

This causes the same problem

• Mega thanks...From your post, I went in, did a Build, took care of a few data type errors that the Build exposed, then it compiled cleanly. I'm back in business.

• Thank you so much...you saved me a day!

• Oh thank you so much. When i build the script i found the double "End class"

I thought of so many other reasons and it was finally so simple.

thanx, njo

• I had a similar issue to this, couldn't understand the error message.

Turned out was a syntax error, I had copied some code from elsewhere and left in a }, sloppy.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply