SSDT For SQL 2016

• Hello.  I am having a difficult time with SSIS versions.  I am trying to fix an dtsx package that is executed by a SQL Server 2016 box.  I can run the package in visual studio alright.  However when I put the package on the server and run it from there it errors on "the script task uses version 15.0 which is not supported on this release of integration services.  I am running with cmd and dtexec since the logging is more verbose then a sql job.  So I thought that was weird since it's pretty much the latest version of SQL except for 2017.  I don't have Visual Studio 2015 installed on my machine.  When I installed just the data tools it did not install a copy of Visual Studio with them so I could not open SSDT and that proved fruitless.  I installed SSDT for 2013 which did install Visual Studio 2013 and the tools.  I opened 2013 and that also gave me a compatible issue about upgrading to version 14.  It looks like the SQL Server has version 13 of integration services installed according to SQL Server Configuration Tools, so I was afraid that would break it too.  So, how on earth do I work on SQL Server 2016 packages?

• lmacdonald - Monday, January 14, 2019 1:00 PM

Hello.  I am having a difficult time with SSIS versions.  I am trying to fix an dtsx package that is executed by a SQL Server 2016 box.  I can run the package in visual studio alright.  However when I put the package on the server and run it from there it errors on "the script task uses version 15.0 which is not supported on this release of integration services.  I am running with cmd and dtexec since the logging is more verbose then a sql job.  So I thought that was weird since it's pretty much the latest version of SQL except for 2017.  I don't have Visual Studio 2015 installed on my machine.  When I installed just the data tools it did not install a copy of Visual Studio with them so I could not open SSDT and that proved fruitless.  I installed SSDT for 2013 which did install Visual Studio 2013 and the tools.  I opened 2013 and that also gave me a compatible issue about upgrading to version 14.  It looks like the SQL Server has version 13 of integration services installed according to SQL Server Configuration Tools, so I was afraid that would break it too.  So, how on earth do I work on SQL Server 2016 packages?

Have a read of this article.
    In summary, you need VS2015 for SQL Server 2016.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply