SQLNonTransientConnectionException:A problem occurred when attempting to contact the server (Server returned: Connection reset).

• Hello ,

I got the below exception in my production logs.My application uses sql login to login to my application and this is the first time I have observed this happen on production.Below is the complete log I get in my weblogic logs

SQLNonTransientConnectionException: [FMWGEN][SQLServer JDBC Driver]A problem occurred when attempting to contact the server (Server returned: Connection reset). Please ensure that the server parameters passed to the driver are correct and that the server is running. Also ensure that the maximum number of connections have not been exceeded for this server.

at weblogic.jdbc.sqlserverbase.dda4.b(Unknown Source)

Also My app has a part which uses VB and in VB 6 logs I got the below error

7/25/2012 1:31:34 PM: Proc_Execute: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]ConnectionWrite (send()). (-2147467259)

7/25/2012 1:31:34 PM: Proc_Execute: ADODB: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]ConnectionWrite (send()). (-2147467259)

7/25/2012 1:31:34 PM: Proc_Execute: ADODB: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]General network error. Check your network documentation. (-2147467259)

7/25/2012 1:31:35 PM: Proc_Execute: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Communication link failure (-2147467259)

Looks like some problem with the sql server or with the network.This has never happened before.I am unable to find a reason for this.Please help

Thanks,

• I think ... SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]  is the wrong driver.  Or else it's really old from SQL version 6.5.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply