SQL Server System Report

• Hey Sean,

This is an excellent script and I am happy to use it.

Our environment does not allow any email format but plain text. I been messing with the script, trying to create an attached (html) file but have little luck (except to rewrite the code, drop each result in a table and then bcp it as a file to be attached) which results in html formatting code being placed where values need to be.

Have you though of doing this yourself?

• Hmm... interesting issue. I haven't tried, but I may have taken the approach of writing the results out to a file (HTML tags included) into a text file, but name it something like "my_results.html" and then send a text email with the file as an attachment. Let me know if that makes sense.

• Some new changes coming very soon to this script! 🙂

"Last Backup Set Details" Section Will Only Show Information For Databases Currently On The Instance

Added "@v_Output_Mode" Input Parameter (you can select if you want the results to be displayed on-screen or via e-mail now!)

Added "backup_finish_date", "database_version", "machine_name", And "server_name" To "Last Backup Set Details" Section

Added "connections", "first_day_of_week", "is_clustered", And "windows_version" To "Server Instance Property Information" Section

Added "create_date" And "file_name" To "Database Recovery Model / Compatibility / Size (Detailed) / Growth Stats" Section

Added "schema_name" To "Unused Indexes" Section

Extended "CONVERT" Character Length To Deal With "Msg 234" Error

Rewrote Time Calculation Logic, Code Restructuring For Better Query Performance & Minor Changes To Code Style

Sean

• I've been using this report quite happily for well over a year now on 3 of my servers. However, on one of them it has started failng with the error below. Any ideas? I should add that I recently upgraded from 2005 to 2008R2 but it was working fine for a couple of weeks after that.

Executed as user: Domain\username. There is insufficient result space to convert a money value to varchar. [SQLSTATE 22003] (Error 234). The step failed.

• There were some changes to the script recently. Do you have the latest one?

• and where is the best place to get the most current script?

SQL Padre
    aka Robert M Bishop

"Do or do not, there is no try" -- Yoda

• No I don't. Do you think it will solve the problem?

• It might, or at the least be easier to trouble shoot. The latest version is the one currently posted on SSC.com:

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/scripts/Administration/70243/

• On closer inspection I think I probably do have the latest - I created the report on 6/7/2010. How could I tell for sure?

• Do you have the "@v_Output_Mode" parameter in the script?

• No I don't. Does this mean it's not the latest version?

• I've made a bit of a hash of this I'm afraid. Firstly I ran the latest script ok but had problems getting my scheduled job to work .......... so I deleted the old sp and the new one and tried running the new script again but when I do I get the error shown below. Please help.

Msg 102, Level 15, State 1, Line 49

Incorrect syntax near 'Calculation'.

Msg 111, Level 15, State 1, Line 67

'CREATE/ALTER PROCEDURE' must be the first statement in a query batch.

• Okay, copy the script in full from this site and run it in the appropriate database (don't do anything past that point). Let me know if it at least creates the proc properly.

• Thanks that works however, I'm still not getting the report via email when I run my SQL job. Database mail is working. Is the only line I need to change SET @vRecipients? Thanks for your patience.

• Doh! Hadn't set the output mode to E. It all works fine now. Thanks again

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 189 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply