SQL Server Notification: Cannot find the user ''owner''

• I am having the following error trying to get a SQL Notification to work. I have followed the "Creating a Query for Notification" at http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms181122.aspx, but so far without success in resolving this.

Source:

.Net SqlClient Data Provider

Data:

System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal

Cannot find the user 'owner', because it does not exist or you do not have permission.

Cannot find the queue 'SqlQueryNotificationService-ed992b36-32d5-44d9-ad40-311e70ce8978',

because it does not exist or you do not have permission.

Invalid object name 'SqlQueryNotificationService-ed992b36-32d5-44d9-ad40-311e70ce8978'.

StackTrace:

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()

at SqlDependencyProcessDispatcher.SqlConnectionContainer.CreateQueueAndService(Boolean restart)

at SqlDependencyProcessDispatcher.SqlConnectionContainer..ctor(SqlConnectionContainerHashHelper hashHelper, String appDomainKey, Boolean useDefaults)

at SqlDependencyProcessDispatcher.Start(String connectionString, String& server, DbConnectionPoolIdentity& identity, String& user, String& database, String& queueService, String appDomainKey, SqlDependencyPerAppDomainDispatcher dispatcher, Boolean& errorOccurred, Boolean& appDomainStart, Boolean useDefaults)

• The problem turned out to be that after setting up the notfication as in MSDN example at

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/62xk7953.aspx, I had omitted the equivalent line to

command.ExecuteReader(); // Execute the command.

Once I added this line, the notifications started working!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply