SQL Server Merge replication issue

• We recently moved our 2008 R2 database to a 2016 server.  The compatability level was changed to 2016 on the publisher which is also the distributor.  The server uses a merge replication to laptop clients using 2016 SQL Express.  30 of 40 clients are working fine.  All clients are using pull subscriptions.

The others appear to successfully execute the pull.  However, when looking at the details, I can see the Initial snapshot for the merge is being applied everytime the merge subscription is exectued.  This is causing our users to lose data that they are entering on the client.

What I expect to happen is, on the first sync, the initial snapshot applied then data that is on the server to be merged.  On the subsequent syncs, no snapshot with data being transferred in both directions.

Does anyone have any experience with this issue?

• I plan to do something similar by the end of this year. Publisher: SQL 2016; Subscribers: SQL 2016 and SQL 2008, merge replication, I use push, not pull, all standard edition, no express. Based on testing, it worked as expected, no more initial snapshot full load after it's sync'ed, only those rows inserted/updated/deleted.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply