Sql server event id i cant figure out.

• Hey all, i'm getting this error it's running every hour on the hour!

Event Type:Warning

Event Source:SQLSERVERAGENT

Event Category:Job Engine

Event ID:208

Date:4/11/2003

Time:3:30:01 AM

User:N/A

Computer:SL01TC07927

Description:

SQL Server Scheduled Job 'Transaction Log Backup Job for DB Maintenance Plan 'DB Maintenance Plan1'' (0xF9BADD6AEA518D4EA844A955BCB6420B) - Status: Failed - Invoked on: 2003-04-11 03:30:00 - Message: The job failed. The Job was invoked by Schedule 4 (Schedule 1). The last step to run was step 1 (Step 1).

I read somewhere that this means that i'm trying to back up a transaction log. But i dont hink so because i get this error every hour and i dont think my back up is running every hour JUST to back up this file.

any suggestions?

• Go to Enterprise Manager and look at the Jobs currently scheduled. You must have a Maintenance Plan job that is running these backups. Is your SQLServerAgent service runing? You probably are backing up your transaction logs. Not the entire database. This is usually good practice. BUt you should also be backing up the entire database every night and the deleting the logs.

Darren

Darren

Darren

• daren , thank you.

at least i found out where i'm supposed to be to fix this problem. i see the problem now i just need to figure out how to fix it, hehehe

• To create a set of backups, you typically make a database backup at periodic intervals, such as daily, and transaction log backups at shorter intervals, such as every 30 minutes. You must have at least one database backup, or a covering set of file backups, to make log backups useful.

Make sure your database recovery mode is not set to 'Simple'.

• the problem i'm having is the Transaction backup log is running every hour and failing every hour but i'm not getting any error message it's just saying "failed"

Does anyone know where to look for a more descripitve error log?

• Double click your maintenance plan --> reporting --> check "write report a text in directory" and run your transaction log backup job. Go to above directory to review the report for any errors.

• I got the same error and in the SQL Server Agent job log I have SQLSTATE:42000 and error:22029 for sqlmaint.exe.However there is no ERROR 22029 in the sysmessages table.

I have been running this transaction log bkup job for two months and I started getting the error since the past week.I have not done any changes to the job though.

Can anybody help?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply