SQL Server Database Mail

• I am sure there must have been something posted on this subject on SSC but after extensive searching I could not find anything here that applies to my problem.

When I want to send an e-mail using DBMail I get the following message:

The mail could not be sent to the recipients because of the mail server failure. (Sending Mail using Account 63 (2013-05-03T09:31:47). Exception Message: Cannot send mails to mail server. (Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: 5.7.1 Unable to relay).)

Now I have used this feature before in SQL Server 2008 but when I use SQL Server 2012 therefore I know that my DBMail is configured correctly but I will any way post it here.

I am using smtp.gmail.com as server with port 587, a GMail address and Database Mail has been enabled as well. I know for a fact that the configuration is good but still it fails.

If anyone had the same problem with SQL Server 2012 then please tell me what you did?

:-PManie Verster
    Developer
    Johannesburg
    South Africa

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. - Holy Bible
    I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times. - Everett Mckinley Dirkson (Well, I am trying. - Manie Verster)

• Manie My setup for gMail is working fine and sounds to be near-identical to yours, i just tested it again; the only difference seems to be the smtp server i'm pointing at? smtp.googlemail.com vs smtp.gmail.com?

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• I had faced some issues in DBmail configuring , try checking the SSL this helped me once(Check button).

• sqldbalearner (5/4/2013)

I had faced some issues in DBmail configuring , try checking the SSL this helped me once(Check button).

Actually my SSL is checked and I also found out that gmail and googlemail is exactly the same thing. I tested this on my personal laptop and it worked fine. After having a chat with the network admin I found out that GMail is blocked on the server.

That however, was only a test. I went further and tested enter our exchange server details and there is where the pawpaw hit the fan. It works but only sometimes. I am getting a new error now after tried a lot of stuff but don't ask me what please.

The error: "Could not connect to mail server. (The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found)". Can anyone tell me what this means?:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:

:-PManie Verster
    Developer
    Johannesburg
    South Africa

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. - Holy Bible
    I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times. - Everett Mckinley Dirkson (Well, I am trying. - Manie Verster)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply