SQL server 2019 reporting need help

• Hello sql server reporting 2019, i created temp for 180 days and not sure what to do next, I need to do the following:

create a folder for reports for reporting services server.

2.create the report.

We want to generate a reporting services web page where you display the contents of the table and create filters based on databasename , description and owne

• Get a copy of Visual Studio (community is fine) add in the SSRS extension, then create a project and start building your reports in the designer.

Probably would want to look at something like this https://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertutorial/2102/getting-started-with-report-builder/ for a starter for 10 in building reports

• what SSRS extension need it there?

• Alternately to Ant-Green's suggestion, if you go to the SSRS webpage, there is a download button in the top right corner (if you didn't disable it) where you can download "report builder".  This'll let you build up the reports you want/need and when they are ready for go-live, you can push the RDL file up to the server.

Note - I am speaking from experience with SSRS 2008 r2 through 2016.  I am not 100% certain that 2019 has the "report builder", but I would almost be willing to bet it does.

The above is all just my opinion on what you should do. 
    As with all advice you find on a random internet forum - you shouldn't blindly follow it.  Always test on a test server to see if there is negative side effects before making changes to live!
    I recommend you NEVER run "random code" you found online on any system you care about UNLESS you understand and can verify the code OR you don't care if the code trashes your system.

• This is the extension.  Can search for it in VS or download and load in the VSIX file manually.

https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=ProBITools.MicrosoftReportProjectsforVisualStudio

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply