Sql server 2016 storing foreign language data

• In a sql server 2016 database, I want to store data in one column for the following languages: Burmese, Arabic, Nepali, Spanish, Karen, and potentially English. I will declare the field nvarchar(max) so the foreign languages can be saved. The intent of the field is to store letters written to different customers. in the one field.

I would like to know the following for my requirements:

1. Is storing the information in a nvarchar(max) the best, should I use a blob, or some other data type?

2. Will the collation sequence at some level like the database, server level need to be changed? If so, what needs to change and can you show me how I would accomplish the change?

3. Do I need to change some 'fonts' in the database or server level? I am asking that question since 'fonts' need to change when accessing some of the languages in Word 2016. If the fonts need to change, would you show me how to change the fonts?

4. Is there anything else I would need to do to store any of the foreign languages that I listed above? If so, what would I need to change?

• does look like the same question with changed details that you posted before https://www.sqlservercentral.com/forums/topic/sql-server-2012-data-column-used-for-7-different-languages

• What should the collation sequence value be for each of the following languages:

1. Burmese

2. , Arabi

3. Nepali

4, Spanish

5. Karen

6.English

Can you have more than 1 collation sequence on database, and/or on the server? if so, can you show me how

how to setup the multiple collations that can be setup?

• Please refer to answers in your previous, near-identical, thread.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Closing, see other thread

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Sql server 2016 storing foreign language data’ is closed to new replies.