SQL Server 2014 Configuration

• Revenant (11/25/2013)

Hugo Kornelis (11/19/2013)

The question did provide me with an opportunity to research. I am normally quite uninterested in these options - have not used them ever, and know that they have been deprecated since a few versions back. But I did not know which of these are actually removed in SQL 2014. (And I first misread the question, thinking that one was right and the rest was wrong). So I searched the internet, checked all sources, then replied and found out that I had done my research better than the question author.

"deprecated in SQL2014" means the features still exist, but are slated for removal in a later version.

Hugo, this marks the first time I think I can correct you. "Deprecated" means that the feature will be present, for compatibility's sake, but your attempt to set it will be ignored.

I think you are wrong, Revenant. Microsot's BOL for SQL Server 2014 has a page on SET ANSI_NULLS which says

BOL set ansi nullsWhen SET ANSI_NULLS is ON, all comparisons against a null value evaluate to UNKNOWN. When SET ANSI_NULLS is OFF, comparisons of all data against a null value evaluate to TRUE if the data value is NULL. If SET ANSI_NULLS is not specified, the setting of the ANSI_NULLS option of the current database applies.

That says clearly that SET ANSI_NULLS will do teh setting, not just ignore it as you suggest. All the other features listed (whether as direct set statements or as database defaults) also have 2014 BOL pages which effectively say everything is still the same as it has been since SQL 2008.

Tom

Viewing post 16 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply