sql server 2008 table

• The following two questions pertain to format questions I have about sql server 2008:

1. When I export some of the sql server 2008 tables to either word or PDF, and the table goes to two or more pages, there is a complete empty page break. Basically I will see the table, followed by a blank page, the table is continued to another page, there is another empty page, the table is continued to another page, there is another empty page. Thus can you tell me how to make certain there are not all the empty pages I just listed above?

2. I am thinking of creating 1 table that would look like the following. Each sentence would be a different row in the table.

When looking at the data below:

a. How would I get lines 1 and 2 to show up only once?

b. How would I get lines 3 and 4 to show up on every page?

line 1 'The table contains the following sales figures:

line 2 ' Company XYX Bike sales'

line 3 (column headers look like

Product name product quantity total price

line 4 (detail data)

bike a 8 $752

bike b 1 $890

bike g 3 $275

Thanks!

• Hi,

The following two questions pertain to format questions I have about sql server 2008:

1. When I export some of the sql server 2008 tables to either word or PDF, and the table goes to two or more pages, there is a complete empty page break. Basically I will see the table, followed by a blank page, the table is continued to another page, there is another empty page, the table is continued to another page, there is another empty page. Thus can you tell me how to make certain there are not all the empty pages I just listed above?

Ans:Insert ur tablix/matrix inside a rectangle that can reduce u r blank pages....if still u r getting errors check the page width of u r report settings...

2. I am thinking of creating 1 table that would look like the following. Each sentence would be a different row in the table.

When looking at the data below:

a. How would I get lines 1 and 2 to show up only once?

b. How would I get lines 3 and 4 to show up on every page?

line 1 'The table contains the following sales figures:

line 2 ' Company XYX Bike sales'

line 3 (column headers look like

Product name product quantity total price

line 4 (detail data)

bike a 8 $752

bike b 1 $890

bike g 3 $275

Create a list control then

ADD text box in line1

add text box in line2

add a table/tablix to show the line 3 and line 4 data...

Thanks

Veeren:-)

Thanks & Regards,
    Veeren.
    Ignore this if you feel i am Wrong. 😉

• thank you!

• In the above question, what would I use a list control for?

• Hi,

Let me understood u r question..If u r asking how to use a list..then

Go to the toolbox find list and drag it to the report body area and go to properties add the dataset which u have. n side that allign u r all controls as ur requirment.

Please let me know if my guess is wrong or u have any questions.

Thanks

Veeren

Thanks & Regards,
    Veeren.
    Ignore this if you feel i am Wrong. 😉

• That worked very well!

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply