SQL SCRIPT FOR FACT TABLE

• I have been given a task to compare data in fact tables between 2 envs. The challenge i have is these fact tables have ids joining back to various dimension table. Also fact table in preprod will have different ids than fact table on production. whats the easiest way i can do the compare and see if there is any data difference?any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. thanks

• For anything that has the ID's different between the two environments then I think you will need to join to the dimension tables to get the values for each, then compare the results.  Unless you can build some kind of conversion to convert the ID's on one to match the ones on the other, then compare.  Maybe somebody will come up with a better idea.

-------------------------------------------------------------
    we travel not to escape life but for life not to escape us
    Don't fear failure, fear regret.

• if you are sure they are using the same sources, then how about a quick and dirty row count and totals by columns?

add some additional group bys to look at lines of business?

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply