SQL Monitoring Tool

• Please can anybody know any SQL Monitoring Tool which will take of

- Capacity Planning(Disk Space, CPU Usage, Memory Management)

- Troubleshooting SQL Servers( those who are more then 100 GB DB)

- Load Testing(Performance issues)

- Reporting Tools

- Slow Running Queries

Thnks a Lot in Advance 

-Tushar

(there are 2 things in life that hurts more than death.when u r love loves u & don't tell u; and  u r love doesn't love u and tells u .)

• I don't think you'll find one tool that will do all of things well. You may find one tool that does a mediocre job of all of your objectives. I've used MOM (Microsoft Operations Managers) with the SQL Management Pack for years and have been pretty happy with its usability without much configuration for things like alerting, OS level reporting (CPU, disk, memory, etc.), and availability monitoring. For SQL Server specifc tunning and query level reporting/monitoring I like Indepth for SQL Server which is part of the Symantec i3 suite (you can purchase just the SQL Server monitoring tool).

• I am currently in the market for something similar and as far as one tool that can do it all I agree that will be hard to find.  From the research that I have done I am leaning towards Idera Diagnostic Manager.  It appears to do a fair job in most categories, not to mention the price is pretty good.

Regards,

Jason P. Burnett
    Senior DBA

• Quest has a new product out that I'm currently evaluating called SQL Server Capacity Manager. It tracks all of your usual performance stats at multiple levels (server, database, table) and over time can build accurate models of what your performance usage will be in the future so that you know well ahead of time when you will need more RAM or disk space or another server, etc.

I sat in on the demo with a couple of the Quest guys, and it looks like it is exactly what I'm looking for. The big question is cn I get my boss to pay for it.

http://www.quest.com/capacity_manager_for_sql_server/

My blog: SQL Soldier[/url]
    SQL Server Best Practices:
    SQL Server Best Practices
    Twitter: @SQLSoldier
    My book: Pro SQL Server 2008 Mirroring[/url]
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, Data Platform MVP
    Database Engineer at BlueMountain Capital Management[/url]

• 'I sat in on the demo with a couple of the Quest guys, and it looks like it is exactly what I'm looking for. The big question is cn I get my boss to pay for it.'

Yeah we use Quest as well; nice tools but we have the same issue with getting a budget

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply