SQL lite to MS SQL migration

• I've had a search and can't find any previous forums which were completely answered so I've decided to start a new one to hopefully not confuse people.

I've got a few files which are from SQLite (extension .sqlite), I need to migrate these into MSSQL2012 but am having trouble doing this. I can see there are products out there which I can purchase but I'm hoping to know if a driver exists which I can import the files similar to csv/xls.

Is there a way anyone knows whee we can load these files into MSSQL. I'm trying to automate a new process and am not that confident at the moment that I can do this.

any help would be appreciated.

• there is a paid oledb provider from cherrycitysoftware.com(since they cost $, i will not bother with a link) ; with that you could create a linked server or import via an SSIS package.

there's a free Ado.net provider that i have personally used, and you could use that in a program or a script task in SSIS; you might be able to use it as an ado.net source, but i never tried that;

when i needed to import data, i just wrote a program that followed the examples using System.Data.SQLite from here:

https://system.data.sqlite.org/index.html/doc/trunk/www/index.wiki

there's also a number of free database SSMS-equivilent specifically for SQLlite featuring gui's like this one http://portableapps.com/apps/development/sqlite_database_browser_portable , i would bet you could copy and paste from the grid results if this is a quick one-off import.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• I'd go with the ADO.NET driver and SSIS, personally. Haven't done it, but if you're just moving data, this is fairly straightforward. Even the programming part isn't bad. I would assume it's like pulling data from other ODBC sources.

• Thanks for the reply, spoken with a few people and a process already built which extracts to CSV. I didn't know a process existed based on how it was being done manually.

From the CSV's I've built a simple SSIS to import. I could probably just grab it from the DB -> DB but don't want to re-invent the wheel, this process is simple enough

thanks again for advice

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• "MySQL and SQLite is pretty much the same, other than some Syntax. Here are the key differences:

1. BEGIN TRANSACTION, COMMIT, SQLLITE_SEQUENCE, CREATE UNIQUE INDEX are not used in MySQL

2. MySQL doesn’t use Quotes inside the Schema definition

3. MySQL uses single quotes for strings inside the INSERT INTO clauses

4. SQLlite uses ‘t’ and ‘f’ for Booleans but MySQL uses 1 and 0.

5. SQLlite uses AUTOINCREMENT, MySQL uses AUTO_INCREMENT

"

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply