SQL DTS Database Copy Object Fails after running for years

• We have been running a database copy all objects DTS package successfully and now it terminates after running for 25-30 minutes. I see the following error in the error file:

Error Detail Records:

Error: 0 (0); Provider Error: 0 (0)

Error string: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Insert Error: Column name or number of supplied values does not match table definition.

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Insert Error: Column name or number of supplied values does not match table definition.

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Insert Error: Column name or number of supplied values does not match table definition.

Error source: Microsoft SQL-DMO (ODBC SQLState: 21S01)

Help file: SQLDMO80.hlp

Help context: 1131

DTSRun OnFinish: Copy SQL Server Objects

DTSRun: Package execution complete.

I determined both databases are not corrupt.

Could there be a corrupt system table?

I tried creating the DTS package from scratch and running it again and it still fails on the same error. I also created a new database and ran the DTS job and it fails.

This is SQL Server 2000.

Can any one of the experts please help?

Thank you very much,

Mike

• Quick thought, run db-compare on source and destination to rule out changes on either end, something definitely has changed, question is what.

😎

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply