SQL Clustring A/A Problem?

• Hello,

I want to Implement Sql Server Clustering On Windows 2000 Advance Server. I have the Following Problems after Configuring the Clustering on windows.

1. When I shutdown The Primary Node The Second Node Also Got Hang (Stop). Why ?

2. I have not Found Any Information about the Quorum Disk Either it will be on Primary Node or Second Node or On both Nodes.

and if On both Nodes How?

because second node never asks for Quorum Disk.

3. Should I configure Publishing and Subscribing On Both SQL servers so that They can transfer the Data to each other.

I need Prompt Reply Plz any-body can help me to reslove these problems.

Sajid

• Hey,

Im not sure why the 2nd node would hang. A quorum disk is separate. No, you dont need to set up replication. Are you using SQL 7 or SQL 2000?

Andy

• HI, I am Using SQL2000,

But Tell Me Howe can Make Quorum Disk Seprate.......

SAJId

quote:

Hey,

Im not sure why the 2nd node would hang. A quorum disk is separate. No, you dont need to set up replication. Are you using SQL 7 or SQL 2000?

Andy

• HI ANDY,

I am using SQL2000 and Windows 2000 advance Server but I was failed to make A cluster Server. Unfortuanly I was unable to understand how to make a Qurom Disk Seprate?

If you have any Complete Solution about SQL Clustering please inform me.

SAJID

quote:

Hey,

Andy

• This first article has an excellent description of the Quorum Disk, it's a step-by-step guide to installing MSCS:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/planning/server/clustersteps.asp

Then, you'll need to read this second article on clustering SQL Server 2000:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/TechNet/itsolutions/idc/pag/pag1/pag1c04.asp

cabby2583

caballero@mediaone.net

Always Learn!

• Just a quick note here on the Quorum disk. MSFT recommends a separate physical disk in production environments. If you're setting up a lab at home, you can just designate a logical drive "Q:\" (for example), as your Quorum resource.

After you install Microsoft Windows 2000 and configure your cluster, you must run the Cluster Wizard (comclust.exe) on all nodes to configure MS DTC to run in clustered mode, prior to installing SQL Server 2000. Comclust.exe can be found in the system32 directory.

cabby2583

caballero@mediaone.net

Always Learn!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply