[SQL 2014 - SSISDB] - Issue: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation in SSIS Script task with C# code, (Version 12.0.0.0, 32-bit mode)

• Hi All,
    There is a package with script task deployed on server and there is a job to execute it, if I run it from File System or directly from BIDS,
    it works perfectly. However when I try to do it thru Integration Services Catalog it returns message: "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation". I tried to figure out what's going on but I got stuck.
    What I did so far:
    - Installed new SSDT-BI 2015
    - Set 2014 as TargetServerVersion
    - Removed old and added Microsoft.SqlServer.ScriptTask (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL  Server\120\DTS\Tasks\Microsoft.SqlServer.ScriptTask.dll) reference instead of default.
    - Cleaned and rebuild solution and redeploy after every change.

None of them helped me, so any advice would be appreciated.
    Best regards
    Mike

• Well if its not the permission issue (which seems not the case) i would suggest the following method.
    As the error suggest this might not be the exact issue. there could be a possibility that exception was due to another exception which occurred inside the method being invoked.
    So try using ex.innerexception which will give you actual stack trace. Once you do that you can then searched the stack trace of that exception to get to the root of the problem.
    Hope it helps.

• What is the script task in your Package doing? At what point does it fail within that task, and what is that exact part doing?

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply