SQL 2012 RC0 Integration Services

• I have a windows 2008 R2 Server (VM) that has SQL 2008 R2 as the default instance and SQL 2012 RC0 as a named instance. Both 2008 R2 and 2012 SSIS Services are running in the server.

I am able to connect to 2008 R2 Integration Services locally as well as from remote PCs through 2008 R2 SSMS. Issue is I am not able to connect to the same from 2012 SSMS (local as well as remote).

It fails with the below access denied error. I am an admin user in the server and my userid is already there under DCOM users group and has permissions for Integration Services also under DCOM.

If anyone encountered such an issue already, please share your thoughts/solution.

Error message:

Cannot connect to <Server name>

Additional Information:

Failed to retrieve data for this request. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Sdk.Sfc)

Connecting to the Integration Services service on the computer failed with the following error:

"Access is denied."

By default only administrators have access to the Integration Services service........

Thanks

• In SQL Server 2012, SSIS is inside the database engine. So you just need to connect to the regular database instance. You can still connect to the SSIS service however, for backwards compatibility. But the SSIS service can only be installed once on a server, and you already installed the 2008R2 SSIS service.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply